crown is a type of dental restoration used to restore a tooth that is severely damaged or decayed. Dental crowns
can restore the health, function and appearance of the tooth. If a filling is large and breaking, a crown may be indicated. Ultimately, this can restore the tooth to its original shape, size and color.
You may need a dental crown if a tooth is damaged beyond what can be effectively restored using a dental filling. Crowns are used for a variety of purposes; our experienced dentists may recommend a dental crown in order to:
- Support a large dental filling when little original tooth structure remains
- Enhance the beauty of your smile
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Restore a significantly damaged or decayed tooth
- Improve the function and appearance of an irregularly shaped tooth
- Protect a tooth following root canal therapy
- Strengthen a fractured or weakened tooth
Dr. Will and Dr. Garro will evaluate your tooth and recommend the option that is best for you. Our primary concern is helping you keep your teeth healthy and your smile beautiful.